Who We Are
The vision of the SSRC is to be a regionally and nationally recognized research, planning, and education resource center. The SSRC will be interdisciplinary, engaging faculty, staff, students and community partners in research that serves the intellectual, cultural, social, environmental, and economic needs of the region. The services of the SSRC will enhance and provide momentum to the mission of the College of Liberal Arts and the University as a whole.
The mission of the SSRC is to provide the highest quality services supportive of excellence in research to the University and community. The SSRC serves as a primary resource available to the University and community for the conduct of all forms of research.
To accomplish its mission the SSRC will:
- design its research services to foster integration of research, teaching, and service activities of the University,
- encourage disciplinary specific and interdisciplinary research efforts that engage faculty with faculty, staff, students, and community partners;
- facilitate and promote information exchange within the University community and between the University and its many constituencies,
- develop new services and seek new resources to maintain an excellent quality of support to University researchers as the nature of research at the institution evolves,
- encourage innovative research efforts,
- provide students with well supervised research assistantships and internships that contribute meaningfully to the student's education and effectively accomplish research tasks, and
- develop and offer continuing education classes, research forums, workshops, and conferences to develop research, planning, decision-making, and management skills in the region.