Masters in Public Administration
As part of the National Association of Schools of Public Administration and Affairs (NASPAA), the Masters of Public Administration Program at TAMUCC encourages you to go public with your career.
Public Administration focuses on the application of Public Administration theory and concepts in real world situations. The program focuses on the management of critical issues in our three tracks:
- Public Management
- Public Safety
- Healthcare Administration
MPA Student Learning Outcomes:
As a member of the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA) students must demonstrate five universal required competencies related to the current needs and status of the public service. To complete the MPA program at TAMUCC students will demonstrate the ability to:
- Lead and manage in public governance by utilizing different theories and decision tools to identify and analyze management and public sector problems.
- Participate in and contribute to the policy process by successfully analyzing policy alternatives and use policy models, instruments and management tools to address social problems.
- Analyze, synthesize, think critically, solve problems and make decisions by utilizing analytical tools to analyze, present, and interpret data, including appropriate design, statistical, and evaluative techniques for both organizational decision making and policy decisions.
- Articulate and apply a public service perspective to administrative and policy decisions and actions by engaging public service principles that include inclusiveness; shared power and responsibility; public deliberation; accountability; aspiring to do the “right” thing rather than just do things right; respect and appreciation for diverse values and perspectives; wise stewardship of public resources, and an appreciation for lifelong learning.
- Communicate and interact productively with a diverse and changing workforce and citizenry by effectively communicating issues to a diverse set of stakeholders, in a manner that is accurate, clear, and concise, while also being tailored to varied audiences.