Professional Development in Writing Instruction
CBWP offers high quality professional development in writing instruction. We base our work on the model of the National Writing Project, which has a proven track record of success in improving student writing. As a local organization, CBWP can maintain long term support for area teachers and schools wanting to implement significant curricular change in writing.
We offer two kinds of Professional Development:
1) Individual events open to any educator in the Coastal Bend.
2) Special programs in contract with individual schools or districts
- This includes long-term, in-school programs.
Some of our current programs are listed below:
- Authentic and Real World Writing for Students
- Conferring with Student Writer - Feedback and Peer Review
- Engaging and Supporting Struggling Writers
- Source Based Argument Writing
- STAAR - Test Genre Writing
- The Reading / Writing Connection
- Using Mentor Texts in Writing Instruction
- Writing Across the Curriculum
- Writers Workshop - Design and Management
Contact the CBWP Director for information about contracting with us for writing-based PD in your school or district.